Hyundai Hybrids Want to drop in a Beta for your Hyundai Accent? How about a 4G63 in your Hyundai Elantra? Maybe a Beta 2 for your Hyundai Tiburon? Post all questions here relating to transmissions and engines from other makes and/or models, you want to install in your Hyundai.

1996 accent beta swap

Old 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1996 hyundai excel
Default 1996 accent beta swap

Hi everyone im new to this forum and forums in general, I could use info on the beta swap into a 1996 accent gl plz help!! thanks alot
Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by hy5canada
Hi everyone im new to this forum and forums in general, I could use info on the beta swap into a 1996 accent gl plz help!! thanks alot
I have looked through the large ammount of info you have posted on the site, jst want to clear it up thats all. The car is my daily driver so I jst want the swap to be done over the weekend so im not out a car thanks again.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you have a specific question, ask it. If it hasn't been covered before those who know will be glad to help. If it has (which is likely) they still might. Just saying "I know information is out there but could you please spoon-feed it to me" is probably not a good way to get much help.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:29 PM

Ok thanks for your help.

1) Do i need to change the wirring harness at all? or will current stock sohc 1.5l harrness work?

2) If i keep the stock harrness wht is the best step Piggy back 1.5l ECU or jst get Tib ECU?

3) Motor mounts and mods to thm? can i keep stock mounts with some minor mods?

I only asked becuse from wht I have read the 96 isnt as easy as 98-99 x3 with all the above questions, but from what i can gather Im gonna need a:

trans-96 Accent GL 5spd (factory accent axles)

95 scoupe turbo clutch kit

accent release bearing

tibb flywheel

tibb trans mount

1999 Tibb 2.0l

Basic swap parts ie, belts, waterpump ect

Mods:

obx underdrive pulley

header

cam gears