Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Is your dealer mod friendly?

Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0
Default Is your dealer mod friendly?

Time to switch dealers. The one I have been going to just got a new service manager and hes really strict on modded gc’s. Took my car in for service and he basically told me that if I need any warranty work done, it will be denied because I have coil overs, different exhaust, intake, FMIC, downpipe, and a BOV. Didn’t tell them I have a tune, but Im sure that will be another point against me if they find out.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

The local dealer parts team will happily sell me anything I want, even knowing it won't go on the "correct" car.

Never had them do maintenence though, since my cars are both outside waranty, and third party sales.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

In my area, 'the dealer' is broken up into three seperate locations.

-The dealer

This is a trendy and swanky showroom populated polite women in high heels. You are only welcome if you are brandishing twenty odd thousand dollars and want a car that is 0-3 years old. Anybody else can go to hell/get out of our showroom.

-The parts department

A dusty and small office located in an industrial district. They are a joint supplier of parts for Hyundai, Jeep, Peugot and Volkswagen. You can order whatever you want but it is pretty disorganised: you have to do all of the legwork in specifying the exact parts you want. They are overall pretty friendly/ladsy/interested in mods though.

-The service department

As per the name, this is the secret hideout of all the master techs. Probably the only people in a 800 mile radius that genuinely know what they are talking about. They tut-tut mods, but if you know what you are doing they are quite helpful and can get you what you need.