Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Would you value a lowered car less than a stock car?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '10 Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Default Would you value a lowered car less than a stock car?

I am just curious to see what you all think about the effect lowering a car has on it's resale value. Do you think a car that is lowered would sell for less than the exact same car with it's stock suspension?

Personally, i suppose it all depends on the buyer. But i think that for the most part, people would rather buy a car with stock suspension parts (and overall stock parts, for that matter) than a car that has a modified setup.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

any mods de-value the car at trade according to the dealership. If you sell it privately and find the right buyer they may like it, but the majority of buyers would prefer a stock set-up.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Lowered cars are traditionally owned by people who wear their flat brim cap backwards.

I'll go even further and say that if a car is 'lowered' then it's probably a piece of sh*t. Buying a racing XYZ with custom springs and decent shocks is fine, I'd pay extra for that. Some hella pile of dicks off craigslist is probably not even worth looking at.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If its slammed to the ground with crazy camber and you have to drive like a little old lady because of potholes, your limited to the type of people who will buy it.

If you have a small sporty drop that still has a good ride quality and you can still drive anywhere...you'll have way more interested buyers.

No drop with OEM suspension will give you the most buyers and resale value.