Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Is it worth it to buy Superlux tail lights?

Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Gen Coupe 2.0T
Default Is it worth it to buy Superlux tail lights?

They look cool but are they brighter? Do they blink really fast like some cars that have LED turn signals? Do they leak and how long do the LEDs last? I like them but paying almost $400 for a set and them blinking fast or burning out or leaking would make me extremely upset and make me feel like I wasted my money. Im hoping people who have them can hop in this topic and tell me a little more about them. Thanks.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

They look sooooooo damn sexy. Worth the money IMO.

I grabbed $2, went to Lowe's, bought some clear silicone and made sure it was applied around the edges to prevent and possible leaks.

I have two LEDs out, in the corner of the turn signal only - most common place.

They look sooo good. Yes, they are bright enough.

Yes, they are sexy and make me turn around every time I'm walking away from my car.

this is a bad comparison because the sun was shining on the OEM side, but here you go (bad cell phone pics):

Old 05-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I just realized your car had 18" base rims on it. For some reason I was thinking you the OEM 19's.

The more I see those lights, the more I want them. I only have fear of the LED's burning out like others have said happens. Hopefully by the time vendors have them stock, the quality will be a little better and burned out LED's will be a thing of the past.