Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Winter Prep

Old 09-22-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Winter Prep

Winter is coming and most people here in Delaware who have nice cars are getting ready to put them up under cover or garage. My car is going in my parents garage under a soft tarp. I know about changing the oil, removing the battery, putting the car up in jack stands but what about exterior protection. Is there a certain kind of wax I should put on the car that is specially developed for cars that will be stored or will any wax work fine?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Yeah, I guess I should change the oil in mine too. But it's going to be awfully hard to drive on jackstands and covered.

Just have to wash it more often with the leaves falling, the rest seems like overkill. But isn't winter just the best time to appreciate a nice car? You know, driving up into the mountains and enjoying the air an nature. Plus the roads aren't packed with tourists like summer. Certainly love these mild southern winters! The absolute perfect time to enjoy a nicely built ride

Old 09-23-2013, 03:07 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

im with tibbi. Even tho i wrote my car off and its now fixxed. Plus my car as Class A (dry weather tyres only) im still gonna drive in snow