Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

TWM Performance short shifters

Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 GC 3.8
Default TWM Performance short shifters

Anybody using one? Reviews? Does it shorten the throw or just the shifter itself?

http://www.twmperformance.com/shorts...rtshifters.htm
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 RSPEC

I'm using one. It both shortens the throws and the shifter itself is shorter.

Basically an easy modification to install by yourself, should take about an hour or two if you don't rush things. TWM provides good instructions with pictures.

As for my experience with this shifter brand, I personally love it as it made shifting smoother and more fun. Compared to the stock shifter, the TWM makes shifts more accurate and not as spongy as the stock shifter. Shifting with the TWM is more accurate and requires a little more effort that you get used too in about a week or two. My TWM shifter has basically no vibration while driving or idling and no side to side play when in gear. I do drive a 2012, so if you have an earlier model Gen, your experience may be different depending on your transmission.

Honestly though, I can't see the TWM shifter being a whole lot different than the other (cheaper) brands out there. I just bought the TWM because it looked well engineered and well built. I'm one of those buy the best you can afford and never change it again kind of guys. Sure the TWM is expensive, but it will hopefully be with this car until it dies. If you are a spirited driver and/or go to the track a lot, a short shifter is a great modification to have. I don't drive around really fast or go racing, but the short shifter still makes everyday driving a lot more fun.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis 2.0 R Spec

Im glad someone made this topic. I had alot of questions about the TWM and they've been answered. Thank you Krazyken.