Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Titan vs. Genesis

Old 11-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Titan vs. Genesis

This mod brought to me by road raging Titan going well above the speed limit on a 30mph road, going through my southern neighbors yard/mailbox, into and through my car, and then taking a 90 degree turn around an oak tree and into the home of my northern neighbor.

As far as the damage; for taking on a big truck going the speed they estimated I think it did well. The back crushed/inside of the truck is crushed dang near to the back seat, but the passenger compartment was 100% good to go.

Waiting to see if it gets totaled. If it goes and the budget I have, not sure if I will stay with Hyundai this time. The new gen v6 went way to far with its price tag and I don't want to go near the 4cyl and the continued issues its having, exploding intake manifolds seem to be its new trick. Unless I can get one for 20k new, lol. I still own the XD, so not totally leaving hyundai. If I can find a genesis with a warranty I might jump on it.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

That sucks.

At least you weren't in the car when it happened. Any pics of the neighbour's house? Was the driver of the truck drunk or just an idiot?
Old 11-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Wow, that's insane. What a douche! How bad was his truck messed up and did he get arrested?
Old 11-30-2013, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Well that sucks! I bet the titan has little damage nothing compared to your car. Good luck with the aftermath.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

The Titan also ran into a house after going through mine, but I am not sure why you think it took little damage. Big trucks crush just as quick as smaller cars now to get decent ratings on crash tests. The genesis sits at around 3,400 pounds so its not like the accent I owned at one time. Good bit of mass to push around. It was in gear, parking brake up, and it wedged into the curb when he hit it. The strongest thing I have been in during a wreck had horrific test scores because it didn't give at all when it hit the wall. Isuzu trooper, it took a hit from an LTD and drove away after the LTD crushed itself on the SUV.

The people next door said it was destroyed in the front. It was gone by the time I arrived so no pictures. Pictures of the house soon, but it doesn't look that crazy. (I got locked out of my ability to upload to my web-hosting and the wife only loaded some of the pics for me yesterday) The house looks far worse on the inside where parts of beams and other stuff flew in. You can also see the shift caused by the missing support structure from inside, no so much from the picture I did take. When I got the pics from the outside they were already working to seal the gap up. I wasn't going to take pictures of the inside of their house, that seemed rude.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. :/
Old 12-01-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Wow, I hope that guy gets jail time. Had to be drink if he went through 3 consecutive objects, one of which not near the street. Hope things work out for you and the insurance treats you right.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

This looks very similar to my wreck. I hydroplaned and spun into a rock wall hitting the driver side tail light at ~55mph. The crumple zone took the impact amazingly well, looked very similar to yours but with less damage. I was impressed. Hope insurance works out well for you.

that crumple zone....