Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Are these any good?

Old 11-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0
Default Are these any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Hyundai-...d9fca8&vxp=mtr

$600

* Adjustable pre-load spring tension

* 24 levels of adjustable damper -- This allows you the ability to perfectly dial in your coilovers system. For a nice comfortable driving, set damping to full soft. For more spirited driving, set it to 16 clicks. For occasional track days, set it to full stiff.

* Pillow ball top mount -- this design helps combat noise while tuning. It also improves the steering feel and response

* Most components are made from 6063 aluminum with T6 for increased hardness -- the advantages include excellent strength, and aluminum helps keep the weight down.

* Hi Tensile performance spring - Under 600,000 times continuously test, the spring distortion is less than 0.04%. Plus, the special surface treatment is to improve the durability and performance.

* All inserts come with fitted rubber boots to protect the damper and keep clean.

* Improve your handling performance without sacrifice comfortable ride.

* A fast and affordable way to easily upgrade your car's appearance.

* Easy installation with right tools.

* Ideal for any track, drift and fast road and can also be used for daily driving.

Getting tired of my Eibach springs with factory struts. Want something lower and softer.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:25 PM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

It's hard to tell.

What are you intending to use your car for? How do you drive your car?

If your car is your daily driver and you dont drive it hard. You can probably get away with getting them. Will they work and get the job done? Probably. If they don't, it looks like there is a warranty so you can either fix them or return them and get something else. With that said, if you car is your daily driver and you don't drive it hard would I recommend getting them, personally no. Why? Because for reviews all I can look up is the feedback from the seller, who sells multiple things, and for me, that isn't good enough. I would rather save and spend more on a brand of coilovers from a reputable brand and seller that have been used by the community consistently.

If you plan on tracking your car or you drive it hard then I would definitely consider a better brand of coilovers that have proven they can take the beating.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0

No tracking what so ever. I only daily drive my car around the city. The only time I occasionally drive it hard is if I'm in rush somewhere, or a few street light to street light races with a friend. But nothing serious. My factory struts are starting to get pretty harsh so I want something softer where I dont have to dodge bumps or rough patches in the road and I want to go just a little lower than the springs (not by alot). Just right to the point where the fender is near the top of the tire (no fender pulling or tire rub needed/wanted).
Old 11-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

For $600...do it. Even if they last you 3-4 years before you gotta toss them, it's not bad considering some coil overs have to be rebuilt within that time period anyway if they are driven on hard. For a couple hundred more though you could get a much better quality set. Some GC owners are even selling used sets with low miles on them for under $600 so look around in the Facebook groups and see what's out there.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:37 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I was looking at those on ebay about a week ago and have been thinking heavily on if I want to get them. I'm in the same boat. Dropped on sport springs and my struts are starting to give me an F-you while driving. Not happy about the stiff ride quality and want something softer.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I'm gonna say no. With a coilover, it's important the spring rate and shock valving are engineered for your car. Usually, these no-name coilovers use the same dampers for several different applications. This means they'll hold you car up, but will probably ride horribly.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

^This^

Buying a cheap c/o system can do a lot of harm. If this were my car, I'd invest in something name brand with years worth of good reviews.