Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Spied: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Facelift

Old 08-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Spied: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Facelift

Here, captured undergoing hot-weather testing in California's Death Valley, is the facelifted 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, which is expected to go on sale early next year following a debut at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show in January.

Though the prototype seen here is camouflaged, we can see some new details such as the revised headlights and indicators on the side view mirrors, as well as intricate LED detailing on the tail lamps.

Also expect some revised styling on the bumpers, new wheel designs and the revamped interior you see here.

One standout feature is the centrally mounted gauge cluster, which features gauges for the oil pressure, turbocharger boost on the 2.0-liter model and possibly battery voltage.

In line with the changes that featured on the facelifted 2012 Hyundai Genesis four-door, revealed last month, the facelifted Genesis Coupe should also adopt Hyundai’s in-house developed eight-speed automatic transmission.

There’s also word that a V-8 option will be made available, possibly the 429 horsepower and 376 pound-feet of torque ‘Tau’ V-8 from the Genesis 5.0 R-Spec and Equus. This would give the Genesis Coupe a serious kick in performance and see it truly encroach on cars like the Ford Mustang GT and Chevrolet Camaro SS for the first time.

Look out for a debut of the latest 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show this November, with first sales likely to start shortly after.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...lift-spy-shots
Old 08-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

A V8 Genesis Coupe? How badass.

One standout feature is the centrally mounted gauge cluster, which features gauges for the oil pressure, turbocharger boost on the 2.0-liter model and possibly battery voltage.

That's badass.

Love the new updated wheel design too. I LOVE the original 19's, but these add muscle, like the same version but on steroids. Kickass.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

The dash definitely looks better, but I call BS on the v8. I just don't see it happening, especially in 2013/2014.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I like everything I see on this. But, I also am skeptical about the V8. I would be very tempted to grab one over a Veloster turbo if that's true though.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0t

V8 and I'm in......but it will break my 2.0t's heart.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

even more unlikely would be a v8 and AWD, make that and i'll rob a bank to get the money to buy one !
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

^need an accomplice? We'll put the Doughertie sissies to shame in the Genesis Coupe V8, no guns necessary. only, we'd have to steal the Genesis Coupe V8 first, then rob a bank lol. Your bro's garage would make for a great hideout.

I doubt it too, but we doubted the Equus initially and I'm reading that it's getting a significant power upgrade too. I'm still impartial to that grill. I don't disagree with them, but perhaps they could be painted instead of that cheap plastic.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I think this car will need a body kit. :/
Old 08-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Originally Posted by HyundaiKitCoupe
^need an accomplice? We'll put the Doughertie sissies to shame in the Genesis Coupe V8, no guns necessary. only, we'd have to steal the Genesis Coupe V8 first, then rob a bank lol. Your bro's garage would make for a great hideout.

I doubt it too, but we doubted the Equus initially and I'm reading that it's getting a significant power upgrade too. I'm still impartial to that grill. I don't disagree with them, but perhaps they could be painted instead of that cheap plastic.

let me know when and where! ill bring the guns.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

If it does come with a V8, can you imagine what the V8 muscle domestic car fan boys will say? Especially when they get their asses handed to them by a Korean car?