Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Removing my spoiler

Old 10-05-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0
Default Removing my spoiler

I want to remove my spoiler and possibly get a lip spoiler to put in it's place. My dilemma is that I'll have holes in the trunk. Dont want to buy a new trunk and have it painted and dont want to spend the money to have the holes filled professional. So what other options do I have if I want to do this other than just leaving the holes there which will cause water and maybe rust?

There has to be something out there for people who are in the same predicament. I cant be the only one who has this problem.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I've seen hole covers on other cars, but think that looks stupid. You should just spend the money to get them closed up and painted.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

As a stopgap until that happens, you have the option of a bit of bondo and spray paint. You could also buy some antennae and stick them in the holes. Some antennae look better than others but it's not a look for everybody. Even paper under the hole and spooged-on silicone over the top would work . . . don't just leave the holes.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I think there has been posts recently about carbon fiber wrap for the trunk and hood. You could always go that route. If your car is black, you could just get regular black vinyl and wrap the trunk. It probably would be really hard to notice if it's a different shade. Or could buy black plugs from HD or Lowes, get some rattle can paint that is mixed to your color, prime, spray, clear the plugs and install....

Old 10-16-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Gen Coupe V6

I bought a carbon fiber trunk to replace mine.