Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Rear mount question

Old 02-06-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 3.8 Genesis
Default Rear mount question

Hey guys. I'm new to the site (not gonna be on gencoupe any more...they suck) and Ive been lurking through past threads in the turbo forum trying to find the info on rear mounts. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a rear mount would be best because theres less heat under the hood and less fab and just a mess of exhaust piping under the hood too. My only drawback that I've thought of now is how to pump the oil back from the turbo to the engine? And I don't know if a rear mount is technically at the back of the car like behind the rear wheels, but I was thinking of placing it closer to the engine, say under the passenger seat.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

The kits I see don't have a problem with the oil flow when they are mounted in the back. No need for an IC either due to the long charge pipe..
Old 02-06-2012, 05:33 PM

Vehicle: 1997/Hyundai/Tiburon

If you can fit a turbo under your car under the passenger seat good luck that would be very impressive. Unless I am misreading your post. I am working on a twin turbo remote setup on a '91 Camaro. I installed an oil reservoir in the back with its own cooling and pump. A guy with a third gen Tib did that also but I don't remember the specs on his setup.

An electric oil pump by Tilton 40-524 is what I have listed as a note on my desktop. Might be the one I am using or looking at swapping too. I do not remember. Hope this helps.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8T

Check out my build thread on Gencoupe. 6speed3.8 I am building that kind of setup right now. It will be offered for sale as a kit in the future, We are just working on finalizing the tune and working out small details to make it as plug and play as possible. if I get some time I will get on here and post pics of the build.