Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Hyundai Genesis Forum (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-genesis-forum-54/)
-   -   MASTER GENESIS SUSPENSION THREAD - What suspension do you all have? (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/hyundai-genesis-forum-54/master-genesis-suspension-thread-what-suspension-do-you-all-have-66090/)

Visionz 01-12-2012 07:39 AM

MASTER GENESIS SUSPENSION THREAD - What suspension do you all have?

Keep all general suspension discussions in here, unless its a specific or unique question, issue, or request pertaining to Genesis suspensions...

SomeGuyDave 01-12-2012 08:24 AM

HSD coilovers. Love them.

majik 01-12-2012 08:48 AM

BC Racing here. :1: I love them

inked 01-12-2012 09:05 AM

BC BR racing coilovers :thumbup:

azgencoup 01-12-2012 12:26 PM

BC racing coils, and question how do you know if u blew the shocks? My front like keeps bottoming out and I'm not as low as most

segagen 01-12-2012 02:59 PM

I've got a set of HSD coils sitting in the corner of my living room waiting to go on.

SomeGuyDave 01-12-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by azgencoup (Post 646633)
BC racing coils, and question how do you know if u blew the shocks? My front like keeps bottoming out and I'm not as low as most

-There should be a sign of fluid leakage if not fluid everywhere on the strut

-It'll handle like sh*t

-It'll keeping oscillating after hit a bump rather than the controlled returned to normal that it normally does. And on that same note, if you normally keep the damper settings relatively stiff, it'll now feel soft.

-They'll sometimes also make noise when blown (clicking or clunking)

-If you're still unsure, take the wheel off, compress the spring, and then try moving the shock by hand. It should be very hard to do.

azgencoup 01-12-2012 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by SomeGuyDave (Post 646704)
-There should be a sign of fluid leakage if not fluid everywhere on the strut

-It'll handle like sh*t

-It'll keeping oscillating after hit a bump rather than the controlled returned to normal that it normally does. And on that same note, if you normally keep the damper settings relatively stiff, it'll now feel soft.

-They'll sometimes also make noise when blown (clicking or clunking)

-If you're still unsure, take the wheel off, compress the spring, and then try moving the shock by hand. It should be very hard to do.

There is no leaks I've looked for that thanks for the info though I'll take the wheel off this weekend and try compressing it if all that fails I might just raise the front like half an inch

quickstang1 01-17-2012 05:03 PM

I have HKS coilovers with Eibach swaybars. I had Eibach pro springs but I didn't like the ride on rough roads.

majik 01-17-2012 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by azgencoup (Post 646633)

What are your dampers set at?