Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

MASTER GENESIS INTAKE THREAD - What intake do you all have?

Old 01-09-2012, 01:41 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Injen CAI here.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 AM

Vehicle: Genesis 2.0T

K&N Typhoon. Sometimes I feel like the sound is little obnoxious, but for the most part I love it.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Vehicle: 2010 hyundai genesis

AEM CAI for me I've considered the R2C but dont think the gains are worth it
Old 01-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Pinned and topic title changed.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

I just ordered the R2C for my 3.8. I'll be installing it this weekend!

Update: Intake installed. LOVE IT. I thought my GC sounded good before...now it sounds like sex, deep, rumbly, sex. lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

G&M SRI here.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by JimmyA7X
K&N SRI for 2.0T . Sound was pretty interesting at first.. didn't know if I enjoyed it or not. I had a K&N SRI on my Lancer previously, and I enjoyed that sound more... however it grew on me after awhile, and the Turbo Spool is MUCH louder

Originally Posted by SomeGuyDave
K&N Typhoon. Sometimes I feel like the sound is little obnoxious, but for the most part I love it.

For the people that have a 2.0T SRI, what sound do you not like? Is it the spooling on acceleration or the noise of the stock BPV? If it's the stock BPV, I would recommend getting an aftermarket BOV to get rid of that "Darth Vader" sound. Just throwing out that tip because after hearing videos on youtube of intakes I knew that I wouldn't like the stock BPV so I replaced the intake and the BPV at the same time.

Since the topic title has changed...currently on my 3.8 I have an AEM CAI that I ordered online for $250. It makes the engine note sound much nicer (and louder!) and can definitely feel the car pull more. However, if it was available at the time, I would have purchased an R2C intake I originally started with a Weapon-R SRI, but I didn't care much for heatsoak (felt like it was going to stall when stuck in traffic.)
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2.0T GC R-Spec

Stock w/ drop in and 'silencer delete' for 2.0T all day, erryday!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t Track

Had the AEM CAI, but my paranoia sunk in and sold it for the K&N Typhoon. Love that SRI and would recommend it.

Yes, i know. My car was dirty and my engine bay was no better when the pic was taken, but it looks much better now.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:11 AM

Vehicle: Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by PandaSmuggler
For the people that have a 2.0T SRI, what sound do you not like? Is it the spooling on acceleration or the noise of the stock BPV? If it's the stock BPV, I would recommend getting an aftermarket BOV to get rid of that "Darth Vader" sound. Just throwing out that tip because after hearing videos on youtube of intakes I knew that I wouldn't like the stock BPV so I replaced the intake and the BPV at the same time.

Since the topic title has changed...currently on my 3.8 I have an AEM CAI that I ordered online for $250. It makes the engine note sound much nicer (and louder!) and can definitely feel the car pull more. However, if it was available at the time, I would have purchased an R2C intake I originally started with a Weapon-R SRI, but I didn't care much for heatsoak (felt like it was going to stall when stuck in traffic.)

The stock BPV is a little sloppy but what bothers me most is the hollow suction sound at around 25% throttle. Overall I love the intake. The sound only bothers me occasionally and as time goes on it bothers me less and less. WOT spooling sounds awesome.