Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

LoJack

Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 3.8
Default LoJack

I have thought a lot about getting LoJack installed in my gen coupe. Regular alarms just make a lot of noise that not many people pay attention to, ignition kills can be by passed, pager alarms are only good at a certain distance, and fuel cut off switches can be found. So LoJack or some other GPS alarm would be the best thing. Only problem is if someone steals your car with it, the police will find them, and they might trash it trying to run from them.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:37 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

they might trash it when they are stripping it for parts
Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

Insurance is the only answer really. 90% of car theives are opportunists, you leave a window down or the car unlocked, keys in, or have things in open sight that are of high value, they might go for it. But car now a days are pretty high tech, the avg theif isn't going to say, hey a GC I am goign to take it. They are filling an order (gone in 60 seconds type) and they have done their research and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. They can even flat bed your car pretty easily and spend time off the road somewhere making it work or finding your kill switches or disabling your GPS before the police are non-the wiser.

Fuel cutoff switches can be found, but it takes time to trace wires, this takes time and draws attention, is short of insurance is your best bet. A sticker that says you have low jack is probably pretty valuable. Anything you can do to deter them or make it that much more difficult and draw attention will make them just move on to the same car, without all of that stuff. Remeber, you drive a GC though, not a 50k+ car, I really odn't see someone going through all that hassle for a 30k car. So you can pretty much rule out the highly trained thieves, and the oportunist won't be able to steal your car, just the stuff that is visible if tempting enough. Which again, insurance is your best bet.