Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Hyundai Aftermarket > Gen Coupe.com

Old 12-28-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

Originally Posted by Doylie
You put the top 10 people at Gen Coupe up against the top 10 members here and have a battle of the wits, and Hyundai Aftermarket will completely DESTROY anything that Gen Coupe can come up with.

I repped you for the truth.

I dont care what anybody says. Gencoupe has alot of bad information. Just by looking at the tutorial section on here, and the turbo, nitrous, and engine forums on this site you can see that theres a greater IQ of information here. Hijinx is correct by saying Gencoupe has more members and they have more information that has to do with a Genesis specifically, but this site really does have a higher knowledge level about specific subjects like turbos, nitrous, engine building, etc on all Hyundai platforms.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:40 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8

Oh, and heres another scenario I'm willing to put money down on...give the top members here a Gen Coupe, have them build it, and then put it up against the top members on GC and you will STILL see the members at GC get their asses handed to them.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:47 AM

Vehicle: 2003 Turbo Tib

To add onto what others have said....Hyundai Aftermarket isnt a bunch of credit card tuners. Another words, the members here actually take the time to learn how their cars and engines and all that work inside and out, and do alot of the work themselves. Just look at the amount of beta swaps the hundreds and hundreds of Accents owners have done in their own garage. Or the A/T to M/T swaps too. Not to mention the amount of members who have done all their own internal work with pistons, rods, cams, etc. I can think of 20 (out of thousands) RD, GK, and Accent members right off the bat that did all their own work, except dyno tuning, and would put any GenCoupe.com member to utter shame. Members here dont pass their car off to some shop to do work or have mommy and daddy pay for it all. They do it themselves and are proud to have that level of expertise where they dont need to pay someone to do all the work. I myself have witnessed members building their own cars much more on this site than any other Hyundai forum.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:52 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Tiburon GT

@ credit card tuners

Anytime you get a younger crowd like with the Genesis community (and when the GKs first came out), you get the kids who have their parents buy everything or the CC tuners. Most Genesis owners are a first time Hyundai owner too so they dont understand the real tuning and build potential of Hyundai's. I think those are other reasons why Hyundai Aftermarket is eleventy billion times better than the other sites. We have more OG members here who have torn their engines apart and know the inner workings while owning multiple Hyundai's.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM

Vehicle: 2K1 Red Tib

Everything thats done to my car was completely done with my own 2 hands in my garage, except for the dyno tune and paint job (i helped but didnt to it all myself). My block has been torn apart more times than I can count and I could do it with the lights off in the dark if I had to. I have helped other tiburon and elantra owners and helped a friend do his beta swap in his accent on a Sunday in the driveway. Even though I have done all this and I would consider myself a pro when it comes down to modding out hyundai's, i still feel that i have only a small percentage of knowledge that alot of members on this site have. Gen Coupe and other forums can have their numbers. i'll take quality over quantity any day of the week. this forum is where the real knowledge sits.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

^ So here's a question for you non-genesis owners who like HA better; Have you actually been on gencoupe i.e. created a user account and posted a little bit?
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM

Vehicle: 02 Accent

I did my BETA swap and turbo install on my Accent strictly from the help and guides on this site. Had I went to a mechanic or someone else who claims to know that stuff, I probably would have paid alot of money and it wouldnt of been done right. I knew I was getting the correct information the first time here on this site versus going anywhere else.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Turbo Tib

Originally Posted by Brandon
^ So here's a question for you non-genesis owners who like HA better; Have you actually been on gencoupe i.e. created a user account and posted a little bit?

I didnt create an account but I spent a little over a good month in reading alot of posts and threads on that site (you dont need to be registered to see it) and I was surprised at the amount of false information some people were posting about turbos, wastegates, blow off valves, internal work, etc. It may have gotten better since the last time I was there (about 6-7 months ago) but when it was pretty bad and enough to literally make me shake my head at my computer screen and give a
Old 12-28-2011, 02:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0

My uncle is a certified mechanic with over 25 years of experience and has built twin turbo LS1 drag cars for 7 different race teams and has helped out with FORD Racing teams. Hes usually the first person I go to when I have a questions about something. If hes not around, I come here. There were a couple of things I saw on Gen Coupe that I asked him about and he said it was totally wrong and if people followed the advice given in the topics, they would end up with a messed up new car. I take his word on it and Im following closely to what the experts here have to say since they seem to have the most experience with Hyundais compared to the people at Gen Coupe.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2K1 Red Tib

Originally Posted by Goose
I didnt create an account but I spent a little over a good month in reading alot of posts and threads on that site (you dont need to be registered to see it) and I was surprised at the amount of false information some people were posting about turbos, wastegates, blow off valves, internal work, etc. It may have gotten better since the last time I was there (about 6-7 months ago) but when it was pretty bad and enough to literally make me shake my head at my computer screen and give a

SAME EXACT THING WITH ME! I was reading some posts and was like HOLY HORSEBALLS....ARE YOU FOCKING KIDDING ME??? Couldnt believe the amount of misinformation I saw over there.