Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

How good is this stuff

Old 09-18-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Genesis 2.0 R-Spec
Default How good is this stuff

A lot like some of you other guys, I dont drive my car in the winter either. I havent put any fuel stuff in my tank previous years but I'll probably put some kind of stabilizer in it. What do you guys think of this stuff?

Old 09-18-2016, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

I've got this Lucas stuff designed for Ethanol containing fuels. I use it in my gas can for my pressure washer.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I use that stuff every year in my car! I have no idea if it works or not but I haven't had any problems yet. I fill my tank to the very top with Premium and then dump a bottle of that in right before I say goodbye to the car for 6 months. In the spring, the car starts up with no issues. Some people dont like to fill their tanks up because they say gas goes bad but with that stuff, I think it does a good job in keeping the gas fresh. Only having a partial tank filled means you take the risk of having condensation form in the tank, which will be bad in the spring.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You're right on the money, Visionz. Modern gas may be okay to sit for 6 months but sta-bill will 99.999% sure be ok for 6 months, and a tank with air space is asking for wet gas in the spring.