Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

In high HP gen coupes

Old 01-31-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default In high HP gen coupes

Curiosity is getting the best of me. In terms of the driveline (NOT drivetrain), what would you want to worry about replacing first…the driveshaft or axels? I would think the stock driveshaft and joints would be the first to go if not upgraded in some way, and then the axels and differential.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:20 PM

Vehicle: 2010/Hyundia/Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track

I know of two halfshafts (axles) that have sheared so far (from launching) and one driveshaft. But the DS was from a lowered car and he wan't launching, so I think it had less to do with max power, than it was misalignment/off balance issues. Not sure I ahve heard of any diff's going yet. And launched are hard on parts, especially if you wheel hop or really sticky tires and a good clutch. I am not convinced it was the power levels that did them in nessisarily. I think the stock driveline is good for at least 650whp, but that is just my guess and I thikn it will be the halfshafts that will go first, those things are tiny!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:45 AM

Vehicle: 2010 genesis coupe

I've been 400 whp for a while now, and that includes drag radials and stage 4 cc kit. I haven't had any issues with drivetrain, and the car has seen some serious launches. with the exception of the clutch, the drivetrains on these cars were built pretty well, and seem to handle power just fine.