Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

High heat stickers

Old 07-09-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 2.0
Default High heat stickers

Gonna paint my calipers red this weekend. I bought Duplicolor caliper paint and some extra brushes. I'll take my time and make sure they look great but I would like to get white Hyundai stickers to place on the calipers after they are dry. Since calipers get really hot, does anyone know of any places I can get caliper stickers at that wont fall off from the heat? I looked online and didnt really see anything.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I recently did this myself, use the sticker as a template for the paint. Do not leave the sticker on the caliper, they get way to hot to hold. Find a good painters tape and stick the sticker to that, then trim off the excess with an x-acto. Paint a base of white, apply the modified sticker, paint red, peel the sticker.

Be ready with some very thin brushes and a paper plate because you may need to touch up a little.

Spray the caliper paint at close range to pool, then dip brushes for brush-able caliper paints.

Enjoy

pic of mine:

Not perfect but I like 'em.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis Coupe 2L track

Brembo hi temp decals on eBay