Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Funny occurrence this morning

Old 05-20-2014, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default Funny occurrence this morning

Getting gas this morning, I had an interesting situation happen. Pull in to get gas, and some pretentious 40 year old yuppy in a mid 90's BMW 325, which looked like it was banged into more times than Paris Hilton on her prom night, was filling up.

I get out, and he's staring hard at the car. Conversation then goes as followed:

Douche Waffle: What kind of car is that?

Me: Genesis Coupe

Douche Waffle: Is that a Hyundai? I thought they only made 4 door Genesis sedans!

Me: No, they make a 2 door sports coupe too.

Douche Waffle: Why Hyundai do something like that? Don't they make cheap cars that fall apart after a couple of years?

Me: No sir, you are mistaken. Hyundai's quality has excelled every year they have been making cars and has won numerous awards for quality, value, and customer loyalty. That's more than I can say for your throw away poor man's beamer you have sitting there.

Douche Waffle: Opens very loud squeeky door, gets in car with a look of disgust, turns it on, tons of blue smoke puffs out the back, he spins his tires, and takes off.....

:biggrin:
Old 05-20-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Priceless....
Old 05-20-2014, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Lol, love it.

I dislike almost all BMW drivers. There are two of them that I know very well (both drive e46 M3s) that I like a lot. It kind of makes me sad since I really am thinking about getting a 2014 M235i in the fall.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

The V still gets daily attention. I always get weary when I walk outside and there's someone circling the car until I approach and they just want to know what it is.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:16 AM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Douche Waffle: Don't they make cheap cars that fall apart after a couple of years?

What you should've said: "Yeah... a few decades ago; clearly the last time you could afford anything new at least. But seriously, I'm sure your entry level E36 impresses tons of people at the yacht club. Glad to know you feel that confident about it.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Originally Posted by bdiggy
The V still gets daily attention. I always get weary when I walk outside and there's someone circling the car until I approach and they just want to know what it is.

Dont blame you! You never know if people are trying to figure out what kind of car it is, or if they are scoping it out to break into and steal stuff.