Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Fenderwells

Old 02-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Fenderwells

Do you or should you remove your inner fender well if your going to slam your car to the ground with coil overs? Or is there still clearance even if your car is scraping the ground?
Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

If you want your car to turn into a big POS, remove the inner fender liners, grind the stud on the front end, grind the tabs on the front end and hammer your seam then drag the car down the street.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

You can go pretty low with the fender liners still in. How "slammed" do you want to go? I'm tucking my tires a little bit and only have about 30 seconds of fender "modification" done. There is one spot on each side in the front that will rub easily, even if you aren't slammed.. and one spot in the rear on each side.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track A/T

I am running 245/35 in the front and 275/35 in the rear. My Offset is +25 on both. On the front the plastic screw clip was rubbing the tire after I removed it I had no issues. In the rear I took out the entire rear fender liner. My understanding is that some model years 2010 did not come with this liner, I have a 2012. The place where my tire was rubbing (this was only on certain dips in the road) was the were the quarter panel and the rear bumper came together. I bend this tab up and left the screw in place and that issue was resolved. I have not put the fender liner back in yet, but I plan to. I have Stance coilovers installed. If you adjust your camber you might be able to alleviate the front rubbing. I have not made that adjustment yet. Stance recommends -2.5 in the front and -1.5 in the rear. My rear camber is already set to -1.5 so the rear will have to be adjusted as mentioned above. My tire size in the rear is not normal considering most people I have read about are running a 280/30 or a 275/30 in the rear.