Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Exhaust tips

Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 3.8 Genesis
Default Exhaust tips

Sadly, I have to put my stock exhaust back on. I'm selling my Injen exhaust and saving up for something different. I am spoiled and I love the quad tip look in the rear, so can I just buy some quad tips and put them on the stock exhaust? Do the OEM tips come off easily? Are they welded or bolted on? Never looked at how the exhaust set up is on our cars.

I was thinking something like this, but I can get them for about $30 for the pair of tips locally

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-STAINLESS-...#ht_3867wt_952
Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: Hyundai Genesis 2.0T

Well I can tell you for sure they aren't bolted on, you'll have to cut them off. Not sure if quad tips would work, but you'd at least have to find something that tapered into a single pipe though for it to fit onto the stock pipe.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Genesis Coupe 3.8 RSPEC

Stock tips would have to be cut off to attach quad tips. The ones on eBay or any generic ones will work as long as the pipe size matches and then a welder can just weld them together. If you are thinking to get a new exhaust in the future, I would just leave the stock tips on and save that cash for the new one. Exhaust tips are basically cosmetic anyways and the stock ones are not great, but they are not ugly (imo).
Old 04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

$30 for the pair is still kind of high considering any Pep Boys will have those in the ricer isle for around $5. I feel ya though on not liking the stock tips. Kinda wish Hyundai gave us quads as OEM. Its a much nicer and sportier look.