Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Which do you prefer more

Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 3.8
Default Which do you prefer more

Cars that are loud or cars that are very quiet? Sometimes people look at loud cars as being fast. I think they’re obnoxious and like the quiet sleepers.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Very quiet. Nothing screams "idiot" more than a loud car. Exotics excepted.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

LOUD
Old 02-17-2012, 04:59 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Personally, it depends. I'd say loud, as long as it is deep and throaty (a nice burble.) There's nothing worse than mistaking your Civic for a leaf blower. I also enjoy a good engine note. It really depends on the car also, if exhausts for your car sound high pitched, then I would say go for the quieter exhaust, get an intake and let the engine do most of the talking. The ideal for me is a low, deep rumble in the low rpms and then scream at high rpms under WOT. I don't want to attract attention of the cops anyways
Old 02-17-2012, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

Loud, to be honest. Cops will put work orders on whatever they damn well please, you may as well have fun until then.

Hondas having 'farty' exhausts seems to be the most ill-defined complaint in the history of the world. They sound just like any other L4 when you put an exhaust on them, the difference in sounds mainly comes from choice of muffler and exhaust construction.

Like seriously, somebody define 'farty' vs 'deep'.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
Loud, to be honest. Cops will put work orders on whatever they damn well please, you may as well have fun until then.

Hondas having 'farty' exhausts seems to be the most ill-defined complaint in the history of the world. They sound just like any other L4 when you put an exhaust on them, the difference in sounds mainly comes from choice of muffler and exhaust construction.

Like seriously, somebody define 'farty' vs 'deep'.

I referred to the Civic since it's the most rice'd out car to this day. Most people around here put a ginormous muffler on their otherwise stock exhaust and it sounds like ass. If I were to define 'farty' vs. 'deep' I would compare it to 'bass' vs. 'treble'. I've heard some nice sounding L4 exhaust so I don't buy that all L4's sound the same. Would you say the same about all V8's sounding the same?