Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Dealership tried to sell me this last night....

Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

I've had it a year now....

Only one year huh! If you really love your car the years will be minimum double-digits.

22k for a 2010 track or 34k for a 2013 Track......

It has to be a track version? You pay 10 grand extra to get less... Just get a regular 2013 Turbo and mod it. CF hood and CF trunk. It can't be that big of a difference. It's got more HP than a 2009-2010 anyways.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i dont love my car and ive owned it for 13
Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 AM

^The "Lantra"? or the Pathfinder? If it's for the Lantra, you say that until you sell it and realize that you did in fact love it.

I miss my dad's. It was nothing short of badass. You could go 110 on the beltway/i95 and out-handle the latest Lexus and Mercedes. They would pull up to see what the hell it was.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Originally Posted by Cujo
Yeah they still havent sold it... I'm very tempted... this was the car I wanted when I got back from Germany but the dealer didnt have any on the lot...

Positive - Reg gas (MS3 takes premium), having a turbo scares the sh*t out of me... I'd rather go back to NA, besides intake and exhaust there isn't much I would change on it while you have to do so much sh*t to the MS3 just to make it break 300hp, it has 11k miles and my Mazda has 16k, RWD>FWD, I'd get to own a Hyundai again,

Negitive - I'd be $2500 upsidedown, have to stock out the Mazda and sell all the aftermarket parts, I'd prob pay $15 more on car payment but I'd pay the same on "incaseshit".., I'd have to relearn the car, all the work on the Mazda would be for nothing, [This GC is an automatic, not a stick]

IDK
Old 12-23-2012, 06:47 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

so went into the dealership and looked at the gcoupe. test drove it and it was fast as sh*t. idk why you guys say it is slow. but i left w/o it cause they tried to strong arm me into only 16k for the mazdaspeed and then i'd have to finance 28k for the 22k gcoupe
Old 12-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Try CarMax, see what they'll give you.

1. Buy the turbo if you plan to do any performance mods worth a sh*t.

2. Buy a stick.

3. At least it has the Brembos and LSD, sunroof, fogs, leather seats, seat heaters, but what good are those if you don't buy a stick? Trust me, you'll regret it

$22k isn't bad for only 11k miles. That car MSRP was $30k brand new, and it has all the options that I can think of off the top of my head. It's a really nice find, but because you chose to finance your MS3 for so long, you still have a sh*t load to pay on it and trading it in will kill you.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by majik
Try CarMax, see what they'll give you.

1. Buy the turbo if you plan to do any performance mods worth a sh*t.

2. Buy a stick.

3. At least it has the Brembos and LSD, sunroof, fogs, leather seats, seat heaters, but what good are those if you don't buy a stick? Trust me, you'll regret it

$22k isn't bad for only 11k miles. That car MSRP was $30k brand new, and it has all the options that I can think of off the top of my head. It's a really nice find, but because you chose to finance your MS3 for so long, you still have a sh*t load to pay on it and trading it in will kill you.

Yeah the nearest carmax is in tampa....

there is this one in miami..

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car/...1-fbd6a6a57dd6

The red one here has everything but nav system. They said that my car payments would be about $450 a month

i found this one

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...gIndex=6&Log=0

it's the EXACT car I wanted when i got back from germany...
Old 12-24-2012, 12:06 PM

I agree with Majik. I've been to Carmax several times. Although prices are non-negotiable, they're good prices and they treat you like a God. The warranty isn't worth it unless you finance. Plus you don't have to deal with the typical overly abundantly pushy non-knowledgeable Hyundai dealership salesman.

That one was literally mine for a week until the sunroof jammed. If you can't find the car you like, they import it from other Carmax locations for $450.00. They imported the replacement touring free of charge, $100 cheaper and it had $6,000 miles less.

Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 AM

I just got this email.... i guess they really want my MS3...

Dear Laurence Shilatz,

Several days have passed since we were notified of your online inquiry here at John Lee Nissan/Mazda.

As General Manager of John Lee Nissan/Mazda, I want to let you know that our interest in earning your business hasn't diminished one bit. You will find we are just persistent in providing quality service after the sale, ensuring your complete satisfaction, as we are helping you with the selection of a vehicle.

I would like to ask a favor of you. Present me with a challenge that I would need to overcome for you to take delivery if the 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe. It can be anything: trade-in value, price, terms, or perhaps a different vehicle than you were first considering. Allow me the chance and I'll get the job done.

Best Regards,

Tom Hirshberg

General Manager
Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vehicle: '14 Ford F-150

Form letter. I got a similar one from the dealership I actually work for. After getting my car, I got one from the salesman, whom I am friends with. There's someone in the business office who's sole job is to send out email, postcards and make phone calls for sales, service and parts.