Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Creaks & Rattles

Old 04-28-2015, 04:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Creaks & Rattles

Why the F does this car have so many creaks and rattles in it? My dash on the passenger side rattles a lot sometimes and I havent been able to diagnose a fix for it. My seat rattles too but I think I have a loose bolt which should be an easy fix. For this being one of Hyundai's flagship cars, you would think they would have made it so there werent so many little annoying issues like this. Still love my car though and wouldnt give it up so dont get me wrong.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sounds like it carried over the creaky mood swings from the Tiburon, how lovely. I think there's at list 1,562 different creaks on my 01 Tib. Whatev's, just learn to live with it.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

It's a Hyundai, not a Lexus....it happens and if you make the decision to own a Korean vehicle, you must accept that there will be things rattling.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:10 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

While the over all quality of Hyundai has improved, I think internally they have jumped light years beyond their actual capabilities.

For instance when I test drove the Veloster Turbo and similarly price Mazdaspeed 3, the VT looked very appealing internally. It was like a cockpit, a place you wanted to be and felt like a fighter pilot.... That was until you actually sat in the seat. Once you placed your butt in the seemingly flimsy chair and started to grasp the cheap plastics that adorned everything surrounding you it was a whole different, depressing story. The "Oh Sh--" handle looking appendages surrounding the shifter serve no purpose and felt as if they would snap upon first aforementioned attempted use. The instrument cluster visually promised at least a metallic feel or perhaps at minimum a snap or click, but the button action was as cheap as paper thin plastic the rest of the cluster seems to be made of. It just drips of that financial wizardry, which we all know yields piss poor results in the real world. Honestly, I would take even the shitty plastic frill-free interior of my 07 MC Accent before the VTs broken promises. For the money it has proven a wise investment.

In contrast the MS3 was the polar opposite. It's dashboard and cluster could put a triple-latte infused, coco-puff snorting toddler to sleep in seconds. It was as bland, plastic, deflated and dated as that in the Accent I drove to the lot. And for almost twice as much money I was tempted to walk away in disappointment. However the shining beacon of hope was in the action of the various button and knobs at your disposal. They can keep the touch screen nonsense out (though that was an option for those sheltering a 13 year old boy inside), because each press and turn of the various instruments felt like surgical precision. At least in comparison to the sloppy VT I drove earlier that day. It promised so little and delivered brilliantly. Mind you the salesman was still in the process of retrieving the key. Once it powered up and said "Hello." Did the car just greet me?! Well that's Japanese engineering for you. Then a little rev of the engine and the linear, digital boost gauge awoken my juvenile side. All this excitement in half the time the VT took to depress. I'm not even going to comment on the performance differences.

In retrospect I went home and investigated my 01 Tib. Yeah the build is a little sloppy in places, and once you peel back the fascias there's all sorts of spray foam and silliness. However, the buttons, knobs and even the flimsy plastic covers have (for the most part) withstood 12 (at that time) hot Georgia summers with brilliance. It's a decent interior that still looks, save for the tape deck, like something that could be produced today. Okay, maybe a few digital updates are needed but it's an inviting, fighter jet like cockpit that just wraps around the driver like a big hug from Hyundai. You just feel at home and comfy, while also inspired to drive the wheels off of it. That's if you could.... But again, perforce is a totally different gripe for a different day. The point is that interior promised a lot, especially for it's day and that stigma that Hyundai had at the time, but it stands brilliant as a testament to interiors even today. It's as if the once mighty have fallen. And now I'm sad and feel like going for a drive in that beloved machine.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

Originally Posted by Visionz
It's a Hyundai, not a Lexus....it happens and if you make the decision to own a Korean vehicle, you must accept that there will be things rattling.
I have an Avalon, one model below Lexus, and the front seat is loose, plus there's a rattle in the hatch when the bass is turned up.

Exotic cars are even worse than Hyundai's.

Originally Posted by Tibbi
While the over all quality of Hyundai has improved, I think internally they have jumped light years beyond their actual capabilities.

For instance when I test drove the Veloster Turbo and similarly price Mazdaspeed 3, the VT looked very appealing internally. It was like a cockpit, a place you wanted to be and felt like a fighter pilot.... That was until you actually sat in the seat. Once you placed your but in the seemingly flimsy chair and started to grasp the cheap plastics that adorned everything surrounding you. The "Oh Sh--" handle looking appendages surrounding the shifter serve no purpose and felt as if they would snap upon first aforementioned attempted use. The instrument cluster visually promised at least a metallic feel or perhaps at minimum a snap or click, but the button action was a cheap as paper thin plastic the rest of the cluster seems to be made of. It just drips of that financial wizardry, which we all know yields piss poor results in the real world. Honestly, I would take even shitty plastic frill-free interior of my 07 MC Accent before the VTs broken promises. For the money it has proven a wise investment.

In contrast the MS3 was the polar opposite. It's dashboard and cluster could put a triple-latte infused, coco-puff snorting toddler to sleep in seconds. It was as bland, plastic, deflated and dated as that in the Accent I drove to the lot. And for almost twice as much money I wast tempted to walk away in disappointment. However the shining beacon of hope was in the action of the various button and knobs at your disposal. They can keep the touch screen nonsense out (though that was an option for those sheltering a 13 year old boy inside), because each press and turn of the various instruments felt like surgical precision. At least in comparison to the sloppy VT I drove earlier that day. I promised so little and delivered brilliantly. Mind you the salesman was still in the process of retrieving the key. Once it powered up and said "Hello." Did the car just greet me?! Well that's Japanese engineering for you. Then a little rev of the engine and the linear, digital boost gauge awoken my juvenile side. All this excitement in half the time the VT took to depress. I'm not even going to comment on the performance differences.

In retrospect I went home and investigated my 01 Tib. Yeah the build is a little sloppy in places, and once you peel back the fascias there's all sorts of spray foam and silliness. However, the buttons, knobs and even the flimsy plastic covers have (for the most part) withstood 12 (at that time) hot Georgia summers with brilliance. It's a decent interior that still looks, save for the tape deck, like something that could be produced today. Okay, maybe a few digital updates are needed but it's an inviting, fighter jet like cockpit that just wraps around the driver like a big hug from Hyundai. You just feel at home and comfy, while also inspired to drive the wheels off of it. That's if you could.... But again, perforce is a totally different gripe for a different day. The point is that interior promised a lot, especially for it's day and that stigma that Hyundai had at the time, but it stands brilliant as a testament to interiors even today. It's as if the once mighty have fallen. And now I'm sad and feel like going for a drive in that beloved machine.
Cliffnotes?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:35 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

I took the time to type it, you can take 30 seconds to read