Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

COBB Tuning

Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T
Default COBB Tuning

Do you guys think COBB will ever come out with a tuning package for Gen Coupes? I know they have specifically said they have no plans for now but maybe down the road now that the 2013's are out. They are one of the leaders in the industry for tuning software and it would be cool to have something by them. I know we have BTR, PA, and SFR, but one more couldnt hurt imo. Having alot of choices actually helps the community.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium

BTR, PA, SFR all use the same tunning solution just a different Korean guy doing a world tour to tune you sh*t up. PA sells the hardwhere if you want to become a tuner for them, they sell the modules to tune you car back to stock and store 3 tunes. We new have Haltec, full replacement ecu and its self tuneable, but you gottah have a degree in quantum physicis to learn how to use that sh*t. lol

COBB for the bast 3 years have told us to go f*ck OFF. Its not going to happen. At one point, an Engineer from COBB branched out and made his own company called MODE Racing. He bought the PowerAxel hardware/software to tune the genesis. MODE Racing didn't pan out the way he wanted it to go. Went back to COBB with the PA system he bought. For a while there was speculatino that they were going to revers engineer that sh*t and use it to their advantage. Didn't happen. COBB is too busy with tunning the GT-R and rather get the people that own those cars, money. I dont blame them. But every 6 months, i swear. Someone always brings COBB up and or even contacts them. 3 years. its been a NO. Keep trying if you want, but its pointless now for them. Wayy too many tunning companies and different tunning solutions are available now.