Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Cheapest insurance for Hyundai Genesis

Old 11-18-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: hyundai elantra
Default Cheapest insurance for Hyundai Genesis

I just picked up a 2013 Hyundai Genesis for a good price from a friend who didn't like it.

I'm loking at http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2013/..._of_ownership/ and it says the average insurance price for the thing is $2300/year

Didn't know these things were so expensive to insure! Now I know why he didn't like it lol

Anyways, I'm not going to be driving it much. It's not my "every day" car. I just want some insurance so that the car is legal, so to speak. I want the minimum car insurance required by my state (Mass.) and nothing much more.

You guys have any suggestions? I know that cheap doesn't always mean "best", but that doesn't matter to me at the moment. Tell me what the cheapest possible insurance is.

Thanks guys!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:08 PM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

I think you're better off actually contacting some local insurance companies than going off what MotorTrend says.

I pay roughly $86 a month for full coverage (including roadside assistance and rental car coverage) on my coupe, and if you add that up that is no where near $2300 a year.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I'm shopping around right now after Allstate's "accident forgiveness" wasn't too forgiving. After a 34% increase in my premiums, Geico has actually been the lowest. May make the switch this week. I'm looking at full coverage though.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:16 PM

thanks pnutkitten.. getting some quotes from local guys now

your rates are pretty nice hoping for those

majik - thanks for the Geico suggestion
Old 11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

I'm with Progressive....

Full coverage, $250 deductible, no tickets or accidents...$74/month

Be careful with Geico though. If you have mods on your car and you dont tell them about it and they find out...you'll lose your policy and they will refuse to cover you or any other vehicles because of it. Ask me how I know.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:39 PM

lol. sounds tough. i have no mods on it now, but plan on it in the future.

i guess i should just get the basic coverage now and then add on the after market stuff when the time comes
Old 11-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator

ocrap... I totally forgot about that! The local agent was super shady when I was talking to her. She was like, "Hyundai Genesis, I'm interested about those cars on a personal level. How fast are they?" I replied, "idk... I really just drive it to work Monday - Thursday. It looks good and gets good gas mileage."

shady people
Old 11-18-2013, 02:50 PM

Vehicle: 2013 BMW 128i

Originally Posted by majik
ocrap... I totally forgot about that! The local agent was super shady when I was talking to her. She was like, "Hyundai Genesis, I'm interested about those cars on a personal level. How fast are they?" I replied, "idk... I really just drive it to work Monday - Thursday. It looks good and gets good gas mileage."

shady people

Haha, I'd be like, "Go test drive one and find out."

a**holes.

My insurance company has never asked me anything like that. I guess they don't care. You think they would considering I also have a Supra on my policy....
Old 11-18-2013, 02:55 PM

ok, i've been getting quotes all afternoon for this thing

the cheapest came from a local site, http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com at $79/month... but, despite pnutkitten's sugegestion, i feel a bit uneasy using them. they might be cheap, but are they reliable?

geico looks a bit scary, as well - http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/geico

State farm looking good with a $88/month quote

Other quotes:

Amica - $89/month

esurance - $106/month

Farmers - $99/month

The General - $88/month

i think when all is said and done, i'll go with state farm, they seem to have the best reviews

Last edited by jks1985; 10-12-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by pnutkitten
My insurance company has never asked me anything like that. I guess they don't care. You think they would considering I also have a Supra on my policy....
they probably assume it doesn't run.

Quick Reply: Cheapest insurance for Hyundai Genesis