Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Carbon fiber trunk with subs

Old 03-09-2012, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 Genesis 3.8
Default Carbon fiber trunk with subs

Im probably gonna get myself a cf trunk eventually. Im also planning to add a couple of 12’s in the trunk for bass. Do cf trunks hold up as well as oem ones, especially when theres a lot of bass involved?
Old 03-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

A well-made, properly designed and made part should last just as well as steel. Reinforcement could always be added when signs of stress appear, but that's additional cost if you can't DIY.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2011 genesis coupe 3.8

I have that exact situation. What I did is went to home depot and got foam tape to make a much better airtight seal (wich made a good difference in sound) only thing is you'll have to close it hard for a couple days till the foam tape forms to ur weather seal. also your gunna have to do something about the inner brace as it will make alot of noise (vibrating) so my solution is I stuffed a sock between the inner brace and trunk lid and problem was solved . Hope that helped

Oh my setup is a Jl 13.5 running at 1200w and trunks is fine for over a year now