Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

Bad Wheel Bearing

Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0
Default Bad Wheel Bearing

If you have a very slight wobble that comes and goes at speed; happening less after the car was warmed up. Then after that happens for a few thousand miles you notice a slight noise when turning one direction or another at highway speed. You may want to change (at least) the bearing on the side of the car you are turning away from when the noise happens. Going left, it is the right bearing and going right its the left bearing. I changed mine before the wheel was wobbling by hand/arm pressure so I have no idea how long it will go like that. However, when the bearing came out it wasn't healthy at all. Mine was damaged in the wreck.

I wanted to put this here as more than a few people took random ass guesses at what was causing that since it was silent at lower speeds and the noise didn't get louder with extra speed. Looking around, these cars bearings are not the best in the world. If yours is doing what mine did, start with the bearing and not the list of other crap people recommended to me.