Hyundai Genesis Forum The Hyundai Genesis Forum. An area for the all new generation RWD Hyundai sports coupe and sedan.

2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T 6spd MT Review.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
Default 2013 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T 6spd MT Review.

So I got to test drive the 2013 Nord. Gay, I mean Gray Base 2.0T 6MT. I was very disappointed that the car during the test drive had NO gas. The empty gas light was on. I knew the moment I took it out and reached 4500rpm. There was no boost. I even looked at the terribly located TURBO gauge, almost fearing that I was going to hit oncoming traffic, and saw that it wasn’t boosting. I took it to the back section of the dealership where there is that long stretch of road. I checked the suspension and notice that the rear is softer. The ride quality to me feels like it got dumb down. It doesn’t feel like a sports car anymore. It felt like a regular daily drivable car. Like a Honda. It’s good for people who want something sporty yet comfortable. NEAL! You should’ve just traded it for the new one! Lol

I tried to give it the full beans on the stretch of road but the car still wasn’t boosting. It was just a terrible test drive. I told the salesmen that he wasn’t going to sell any cars if the cars have no gas in them. That If I was a Honda Civic owner or just some random guy wanting to be impressed by what Hyundai has to offer, that this will damage the image and scare people away from the brand and kill an actual sale. The salesman was an idiot really, didn’t know anything about the car nor had the skills to close me. He didn’t even offer to put more gas in the car so I could really test out the Turbo and see if that 275whp is worth trading my car in. I stressed that he should tell his team to put gas on the turbo cars so that customers can tell the new power increase.

Overall though, the interior looks awesome. I loved the new gear knob, I like the fact they put this new hook assistance thing to help you grab the seatbelt for once without having to turn and reach all the way back. The new gauges where harder to read. They’re not as bright as the 2010 gauges during the day.

I did look all around. The suspension set up looks the same, the pumpkin looks the same, so a possibility that the current aftermarket LSD’s could still fit in there. I got a good look at the engine bay, the engine top looks very different. I looked and searched for the new front mount intercooler. It is pushed way up front now. It is still small. The pipe layout is like what we see now with our aftermarket FMIC. So I can see a direct replacement being done to just swap out the core. The Turbo sits up higher. The factory bov is finally relocated and doesn’t look like it will ever leak; there is a lot of stuff that could be done with the new Coupe. I did notice that the car still has the same ecu. So I am sure poweraxel can get it tuned.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Excellent review - thanks man.

Do you anticipate that any aftermarket performance parts for the 1st generation could be used on this car? If manufacturers have to produce a different exhaust or FMIC setup, I think it would only hurt the availability for the older gens.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium

I know for a fact that the o2 pipe and or as well the downpipe will be different from the exhaust system. I did give the exhaust system a good look to see what changed. Like I said. The Turbo does sit up higher. Intake systems is different. The pipes for intercooler are very different. They flow and go around the radiator now. Especially now the new bumper is designed. aftermarket intercoolers will have issues fitting. Stupid ugly front bumper grill seems like it would have to be chopped from the inside.

I did noticed that the headlights, bumper, and hood can be swapped out directly. I predict owners doing swaps of the front end.

So to answer your question. The only thing I can see still being used is a catback exhaust system and maybe some of the suspension kits.

I will go back for a 2nd test drive sometime next month and hopefully the car has gas in it.