Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

For the turbo guys: what do you guys do for emissions?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default For the turbo guys: what do you guys do for emissions?

Out of pure curiosity, just wondering what you boosted guys do for emissions in your state. Especially you guys who are running aem ems? i know here in my state they just plug up a computer to our obd2 port and they pull our emissions information through there, wondering if the aem ems would affect any of that...

thanks in advance for the info
Old 08-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Vehicle: 2003 elantra

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ElantraRage @ Feb 8 2010, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Out of pure curiosity, just wondering what you boosted guys do for emissions in your state. Especially you guys who are running aem ems? i know here in my state they just plug up a computer to our obd2 port and they pull our emissions information through there, wondering if the aem ems would affect any of that...

thanks in advance for the info</div>

modifying anything relating to the fuel system or exhaust system (removing cat) will effect emissions. i built a turbo kit for my car and used the smt6 fuel controller with an additional fuel rail (extra set of injectors the ecu cannot control) and basically the car runs like stock when off boost. it only adds fuel under boost. so the fuel trims are not messed with thus the cars emissions stay the same. also with my turbo kit i added a catalytic converter into the system just like stock. passed just fine smile.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 09:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

if they did those test is ky I'd fail.