Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Is there a way to remove orange peel without wet sanding?

Old 02-27-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Elantra
Default Is there a way to remove orange peel without wet sanding?

I have searched through out the forum for the answer on this and everyone says to remove orange peel, you have to wet sand. Is there something else I can do to remove it? I dont feel comfortable taking sand paper to my paint so I'm hoping there's some type of stuff I can buy in a bottle that I wipe on and wipe off to make life easier.
Old 02-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

If you have orange peel, you aren't sanding your paint you are sanding the BAD paint on top of your paint. It's a physical mass and the only way to remove it is either mechanically (sandpaper) or chemically (stripper). I bet if you are leery of sandpaper you really don't want to strip the whole thing to metal, so sandpaper is going to be your answer. Use a finer grit than you think you need and take a long time if you are worried about taking off too much paint.