Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Is teh HD Elantra the Red Headed step child?

Old 11-26-2011, 09:36 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Hyundai Elantra GLS 2.0 Automatic
Default Is teh HD Elantra the Red Headed step child?

So I recently bought a 2010 Elantra as a daily driver, with some plans to mod it. I have found after hours of looking around here and google, that the 07-10 elantra has a lack of aftermarket accessories for it, but the models before it and after it have decent amounts of aftermarket support. Does anyone else feel this way about the HD elantra? It's really a shame, because I really do love the car, just wish there was more aftermarket support for the car...

Scott
Old 11-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

Sort of, ive been able to find the stuff I wanted, but Ive been very slow to do anything. You have a few factory options to upgrade it.. stuff from the wagon. What are you looking for?
Old 11-26-2011, 10:27 PM

Not sure EXACTLY what I'm looking for. First mod will be window tint, then I will be looking to do things like a CAI and exhaust, but I can't seem to find either of those for the HD... Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?
Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 AM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

yeah it is...... in a nutshell

do to sensors in the intake I'm pretty sure (unless sh*t has been discovered in the 2 years I've been here in Germany) that you can only take out the front part of the intake and put in a k&n filter.

exhaust will have to be built on your own. not many HD mods out there..... people were too busy with the gcoupe coming out.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:08 AM

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.. I do know a few good exhaust shops. I guess I will stick with asthetic mods for now. Thinking about wheels, and perhaps a slight lowering kit, and if that's not enough, I know where I can get a nice looking body kit

Scott
Old 11-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

CAI is a no-go due to the ECM sitting in the intake and using it as cooling. However the HDs intake is 139418u481u231823 times better than the XD 20 foot long derptake. I dont see HUGE gains from a tube and a cone because the intake is pretty short and sucking in air from the outside. I yanked the rubber strip thing to get more air to it and tossed in a K&N. The exhaust, id rather have a local shop work on it like I did. I really like the sound of a beta with a single chamber flowmaster on it. I might be a little odd.

If you like to turn I would recommend the sway bar from the wagon. Its not a massive upgrade, but is pretty freaking cheap and makes a difference. If you had a 5spd you could also steal the short throw from them. I have not looked into other items off that car that would be an upgrade for the smaller elantra.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM

I drive winding mountain roads daily, so stiffer turns are always welcome! I will look into the wagon sway bar as a cheap upgrade! I guess k&n may be getting my business. Being an Amsoil dealer, I was hoping we offered one of our drop in filters for the HD, be alas, no luck there.

Scott
Old 11-30-2011, 06:34 PM

Vehicle: 2016 Tucson Sport AWD

I was looking online..... wth is the B&M shifter almost $400!?!?!??
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

It is being sold by the factory, so yes. I have tried to find a non-hyundai source for that B&M and have failed. :-/
Old 11-30-2011, 08:41 PM

$400 for a short throw shifter? Wow... I guess I should be glad that my car's an automatic?