Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Rich fuel problem FIXED !! READ THIS

Old 03-07-2002, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rich fuel problem FIXED !! READ THIS

I have figured it out.

it took me a few minutes to think this up.. and here is my solution...

see diagram..
1. arming switch is OFF, fuel flows through the one way valve to the fuel rail. (same valve that is in the fuel lines in the tank, see hmaservice for picture of it).

2. arming switch is turned ON, MSD fuel pump starts pumping, fuel pressure builds up on the fuel rail, fuel flows into the one way valve and SHUTS IT OFF, fuel continues to flow at high pressure levels into the fuel rail for use with nitrous.

3. arming switch turned off again, MSD pump shuts off, and fuel flow goes through the one way valve again, like stock.

what does this solve ? no more fouled plugs. no more fuel pump noise while driving normally !!!

you are all welcome for this wonderful invetion that i have come up with. good luck installing it/using it on your hyundai's !!!!

I will install this system asap, by this weekend i will have it done smile.gif its so damn simple !!! why didnt i think of it sooner ! hahaha

another explenation of how it works is this:

when the pump is off, the fuel goes through the one way valve because it is the path of least resistance. but, when the pump is on, the pressure on the other side forces the one way valve to close.. and it builds up a good amount of fuel pressure to keep the engine happy when using nitrous
Old 03-07-2002, 06:47 AM

good question.

the fact is that two pumps inline actually SUCK MORE out of the tank than just one.

so it does in fact increase flow and pressure regardless of what other people think/say.

smile.gif

thats why companies like vortex and others sell inline pumps to work with their centrifugal superchargers that are designed to pump out over 400 hp on some engines !
Old 03-07-2002, 10:59 AM

In many process systems they're controlling the flow to a constant value, and given another pump the pressure will increase. But with a nozzle the flow is dependent on pressure, as P increases so does flow. So long as you are not near the max flow capacity of the pump you will increase both at the same time.

Of course one of the pumps could be doing all the work, and the other is simply being pulled or pushed by the flow. This will tend to happen with incompressable fluids.

[ March 07, 2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Veniston ]
Old 03-07-2002, 11:03 AM

What the heck is a fuel solenoid?
Old 03-07-2002, 01:31 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>SCCA 01 Elantra:
So that basically sounds like what I said. I did think about the MSD pump pulling the other one but wouldn't that damage the stock pump?</div>Yeah I was thinking that myself, but I think it depends on what is really happening.

The work done by a pump is related to the pressure differential across it. If the stock pump is pushing fuel, there will be a positive differential and the drive will still be working normally. If the MSD pump is way over the capacity of the stock pump it could be pulling hard through the stock pump(which could even result in a negative differential), which would damage the drive eventually. But since it only runs while the nitrous is spraying, this isn't going to be happening very often.

Bottom line: the setup could potentially damage the stock pump drive, but off the top of my head I can't say whether that is happening.

If I had the pump curves and nozzle specs I'm sure I could model it smile.gif