Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Rare European Goodies Came In

Old 04-17-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Whaaat? Really? The 1995-1999 Accents have MacPherson? Floyd the ONLY problem I have with the Accents are that they don't have armrests. Is there an armrest option?
Old 04-17-2017, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

I'm not sure if there's an armrest option in the X3 Accents. My LC2 GT has an armrest but base does not. Seats might swap if nothing else. I can't recall if my X3 GT had an armrest unfortunately.

The X3/LC/LC2 suspension is definitely a MacPherson strut design. I've never owned a MC or later Accent mostly because of the change to torsion beam.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:16 PM

Thanks for the info Floyd. You rock! Why on earth would they change back over to torsion bar..... makes no sense.

I just weighed the Elantra wheels. They're 18 lb each.

Now time to make some money for building the garage for storing these cars and all of these parts. You see guys, this is what happens when you split up with your girlfriend of 3 years LOL.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

My 96 accent gt had a flimsy armrest option.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:13 AM

I'm going to look for that when I go looking for an Accent GT but damnit finding one in Indigo is going to be a challenge that will take several years.

I just got these 16's for my Elantra Wagon for a bargain! There was one other set but not in as good shape. This is a good time to go treasure hunting since people are buying new cars and our generation is cleaning house. At least in Europe they don't crush complete cars. Instead, they dismantle them for pieces prior to crushing. In America nobody wants old cars and new ones are leased or purchased new while old cars just get written off and junked.

Just a few of the differences I've learned while living abroad. It really opens up your mind to a lot of things. You really see how big the world is. I've also learned a few herbal remedies which they don't tell you about in the U.S.A.

I think it's going to look pretty indeed. It's really hard finding a Wagon in Cape Blue rust/accident-free that doesn't get sold immediately but I have been looking at ads everyday after work.