Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Proper order for NA mods

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Jpo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Elantra
Default Proper order for NA mods

When doing NA stuff whats the proper order of things? Do you get an intake first and then exhaust or exhaust first and then intake?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Doesn't matter. Most people do intake then exhaust, but you can do them in either order really.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 hyundai tiburon

they are N/A mods and relatively cheap so usually can do them at the same time. neither are going to make a big difference, but if i were to do one first..

CAI... not WAI, not short ram, not filter attached to MAF or TB elbow.. a TRUE CAI or i wouldn't even bother..

then i would do a header, then catback..

the header and catback will free up restrictions, giving you more power and the CAI will introduce colder air into the engine which adds power.