Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Projection lights for my '99 elantra

Old 11-07-2002, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Accent
Default Projection lights for my '99 elantra

The stock headlamps on my '99 elantra are getting cloudy and instead of buying the original replacement lamps I wanted to buy a set of projection lights, similar to those on the '98 tiburon.
First of all, I've never seen an elantra with projection lights ... are they available, and if so where can I get them ??
You can either send your replies here or to waynej@ppsl.co.tt
Thanks in advance.

Old 11-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I don't know of any projecton headlamps available for your car.

If you order "korean" spec headlights, they should have a glass front, rather than a plastic front. They should not cloud over time like the plastic units do. I know you can get them through shark racing, and possibly HDK.

Plz keep in mind they will NOT be DOT legal, however, I've had my Korean Spec Tibby headlights for almost a year now, and no troubles with the law yet! (knock on wood)
Old 11-07-2002, 02:14 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Accent

Thanks a lot Random, I'll check out those sites wink
Old 11-07-2002, 09:38 PM

Is their anyway of makeing the fog go away?Because my left headlight is pretty foggy and it shines alot dimmer then the right.Will the warrenty cover this or do i have to buy a new one?
Old 11-14-2002, 02:40 AM

I too had a question about this subject. The guys on my job say that they can custom a pair of projectors for my Sonata, but my question is will they be better than my stock housings? I have a HID conversion and I want them to look just like the Beamers and Audis, but I know alot of Honda conversion projectors that are plain garbage as far as output and pattern goes. So should I spend my money on them or should I hold out for a Major comp.?
Old 11-14-2002, 03:40 AM

I can get KOREAN SPEC products..but lights esp. w/the HID lighting is expensive

send me an email: SPIKE@sharkmail.ws if U need any KOREAN spec items smile.gif

I may be able to help out