Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

problems with my lights

Old 06-23-2014, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Elantra XD
Default problems with my lights

I have a question for all of you, I have a 02 elantra and at times with headlights on when I use my turn signal my interior lights and tail lights flash. Here recently they stay off until I shut my lights off then turn them on again and then they all work. My hids stay on when all this happens, could it be my turn signal/ headlight switch on the column causing it? I want sure if anyone else has had this problem and it's really annoying especially when you have a cop behind you when it happens. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:27 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

You have a bad earth on your turn signal circuit

So the power is flowing back through whatever it can to find an earth

Also I hope you don't have HIDs in XD halogen housings
Old 06-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Yeah. Check all your grounding points in the HID kit, and the ground in your relay if you're running one. If you have a loose connection somewhere, it's going to feed on the rest of your running electrical too.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:04 AM

I do have hids in the factory xd housing, what is the problem with that. I also do have the relay kit for them, but I have had them in there for 3 or 4 years now with no problems before.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:37 AM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

what's the problem with that

http://bit.ly/V8UNYU
Old 06-24-2014, 07:22 PM

I never knew that, I guess I didn't research enough when I originally got them. But back to the lights going out itis very intermittent, it could do it for several days or not even have any problems for a month.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

As someone who has done electronics troubleshooting for a living, intermittent faults are the worst. See if you can make it happen consistently. Pay attention to weather and road conditions. Try bumpy roads, try a garden hose to simulate rain, try hard turns. If it isn't broke you can't fix it and "not happening right now" means "isn't broke!"