Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Odd Occurance.

Old 12-01-2001, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I've gotten performance like that when I had a loose MAF that was allowing air to sneak past the MAF. Also when I had a loose plug wire.

If things "magically" fixed themseleves while you were in the movie, I doubt either one of them is the cause.

Was a CEL triggered?
How did your TB get bent?
Old 12-01-2001, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Thank GOD the MSD unit won! I'd had to see the sparks that sucker would put out if the TB smashed THROUGH the MSD unit!

Okay, so you still have a CEL from the throttle damage, so it's possible your TPS is also dead/bad/giving off wacko readings. That could be the cause of your problems. Also...the MSD unit could be damaged internally...which could cause your sparks to go all crazy like.

We need to get those CEL codes read so you can figure out what's going south... I don't suppose you asked for an OBD-II cable and a cheap laptop for christmas?
Old 12-03-2001, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my auto Tib. Not sure what the problem was, but i got a tune up and it seemed to go away......at least for now.