Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Need all the info i can find for my 94 elantra

Old 05-27-2001, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need all the info i can find for my 94 elantra

A shoutout to all my fellow hyundai tuners!!! I just purchased a 94 base model elantra. Like any other 19 yr. old, i want to make it a tuner, without spending tons of money. i am having trouble finding magazines and internet sites dedicated to hyundais', especially my 94 elantra... Ohh, and another thing, is my 94 elantra a 1st gen. elantra??? Well, any and all info would greatly be appreciated, so e-mail me anything u know about 94 elantras to jl_world@hotmail.com, thanx, u'r fellow tuner, Jason L.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:19 AM

yeah you have a first gen elantra, the second gen is 96-98 then you have the 99-2000 and then the 4gen is 2001 elantra.

if im not mistaken you have plenty of options with that car. i think( if im not mistaken) you can swap out the 1gen turbo DSM engines in your car. since you dont have a beta engine you have a Mitsu engine.
Old 05-29-2001, 07:37 AM

Tunner I jsut got your email but here's a hint, you have ( well should have ) a 1.8l mistsu engine so check the local pep boys and see what they have, or better find a good tunning shop and have them compare the mitsu parts to yours. I'll hunt downa fellow from fxtreme who also has a 1.8 94 he can help you more.
Old 05-30-2001, 03:56 AM

the 95 and down have true mitsubishi 1.8l engines. Engine code 4G97. G4CN through hyundai. You can use a lot of things that were made for the 4g63 though. The air intake won't fit unless you move the battery into the trunk. So for an air intake you pretty much have to make one yourself or get one made. It's not very hard. Or if you can source a 2.0l turbo auto dsm engine (94 and down. 95 dsms I believe have the air intake pointing towards the driver side like most hyundais and mitsubishis have.) It kind of sucks because we're getting the bad end of the deal. out of all the hyundai's the 95 and down models are the worst to work with when it comes to upgrades. We've got captaive rotors which means you HAVE to take you car into a shop to get rotors changed or turned. Which can be expensive. Plus, most of the aftermarket seems to be targeting the later model hyundais. Which is good and bad. Good because hyundai is being recongnized. Bad, because it leaves us with the older hyundais kind of left out. And I dunno'.. I noticed that the metal parts on my car are too fragile. I just had a new hood put on a painted about 2 months ago and I have a ton of dents all over it. So the quality of the older cars AREN'T the greatest. sad.gif

hyundaipower