Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

More questions again...

Old 04-16-2002, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More questions again...

Hey Random or anyone? I have a 2000 Elantra 2.0L Auto Tranny. How would I go about enlarging the pipe diameter where the MAFS sits and build a new housing for the MAFS on this larger pipe? Will SR ever make a mod for the MAFS? Can I cut the mesh out of the stock MAFS pipe without screwing anything up?

Some more questions... What is the model number on the Whiteline rear swaybars? Anyone know how to remove the stock dash bulbs and make them blue? Anyone know where I can order blue needles?

Just a few more ??'s. Can someone provide me with the link to remove the speed governor (which wire to cut?) Will this trick work for the automatic? Anyone know of a way to remove the speed governor from the 2.0 auto?
Old 04-16-2002, 10:35 AM

bump
Old 04-16-2002, 11:04 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>2kElantra_NyteMare:
How would I go about enlarging the pipe diameter where the MAFS sits and build a new housing for the MAFS on this larger pipe?</div>The pipe is an integral part of it--changing the pipe size will make the sensor read wrong. Air-flow sensors of this type are calibrated to a specific flow area.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Can I cut the mesh out of the stock MAFS pipe without screwing anything up?</div>Nope. That's there to 'smooth' the airflow across the pipe; people who have removed it in our cars have regretted it.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Some more questions...</div>You're better off sticking to one topic per post, it's more likely to be answered wink
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>What is the model number on the Whiteline rear swaybars?</div>http://www.whiteline.com.au/ should have that, or somewhere to ask at least.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'> Anyone know how to remove the stock dash bulbs and make them blue? Anyone know where I can order blue needles?</div>Try a search using terms like blue gauge, and blue LED. But in the interior forum. Where these questions should go. smile.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Just a few more ??'s.</div>This is turning into a book tongue.gif

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'> Can someone provide me with the link to remove the speed governor (which wire to cut?) Will this trick work for the automatic? Anyone know of a way to remove the speed governor from the 2.0 auto?</div>There is no 'wire to cut', it is a part of your ECM programming. You need to replace your entire ECU, which would also require replacement of most of your wiring harness....check out ECU replacement in the search for people's trials and tribulations with this. It ain't pretty tongue.gif

[ April 16, 2002, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Veniston ]
Old 04-17-2002, 06:16 AM

Vehicle: 00 elantra

I heard that you can get a MAF kit from Weapon-R to replace the stock MAF tube. I have seen the kits but not one for Hyundais... but heard of someone with an Elantra get one.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:36 AM

Could be, I poked around but couldn't see anything. I did come across a company called Pro-M (www.pro-flow.com) that offers custom calibration of aftermarket & upgraded air flow sensors. They appear to have concentrated on mustangs originally but now claim to do them for anything from race cars to power boats to large-scale stationary engines.

They don't appear to have a 'stock' calibration curve for our BETA's, so it would have to be custom tuned. Probably pretty expensive.