Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Ignition wiring

Old 10-29-2001, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/default.asp
Old 10-30-2001, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

actually, they do. In the wiring diagrams each wire will be marked with a letter or combo of letters. This corresponds to a specific color (solid) or a solid/stripe combination.

In the front of the electrical manual (if you dig around on webtech it's under general information, I think), there's a list of what color is what. It's pretty easy to figure out from there, although it can occationally be tricky.

example:
bl --> blue
bl/y --> blue with yellow stripe

I'm not sure if bl is blue, but the legend in the online manual should help.

good luck,
ac
Old 10-30-2001, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

I read it the same way...

white to one coil with green to the other, if you have an additional wire it is probably a ground.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

The white to both coils is listed on the diagram. Is is the wires going to the condensor, then up to the engine relay control and the fuse. The yellow...I don't see on the diagram anywhere.
Old 10-30-2001, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

if you look at the diagram, they say they should be white white and white green.

Ignore the up/down for a moment.

The Green is at connector CC68-1 So is the white going to coil #1

The White White are both atconnector C68-2

So you should see white white going into one coil and green white going into the other. So you should see 4 wires "going in" to each coil. You cannot tell by looking at the wire if it is in or out.

Any chance your yellow wire is a discolored white? wink.gif

Hyundai wireing diagrams are not the best, and are not 100% accurate. I would lay money that green and yellow are the 2 "bottom" wires on this diagram and White white are the to "top" wires on this diagram.

Best way is to check the diameter of the wires. The green and yellow should be .5mm gauge, and the 2 whites should be 1.25 mm gauge, so the 2 whites should be noticable thicker than the green and yellow. If so, you have your wiring...if not...I need sleep.