Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra Touring (i30)

Old 04-28-2011, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2009 Elantra Touring
Default Elantra Touring (i30)

Does anyone else have a Touring (i30), and where have you been able to find parts if you've bought any? I can google too, but I'm wondering if anyone has bought parts, and what they have done.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:57 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

If I recall the ET run a Beta2 with cvvt, so basically any of the engine mods that you see a Soul or GK2 Tib sporting should be game. Most of us here are from the pre-cvvt stone-age, but some of said mods might work too, never know. What did you have in mind?

I looked at one of these last year and they seem pretty solid, though if I had my druthers there would be a decent turbo behind the scenes and the 6-speed they offer in Europe.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:26 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Elantra Touring

Originally Posted by Tibbi
If I recall the ET run a Beta2 with cvvt, so basically any of the engine mods that you see a Soul or GK2 Tib sporting should be game. Most of us here are from the pre-cvvt stone-age, but some of said mods might work too, never know. What did you have in mind?

I looked at one of these last year and they seem pretty solid, though if I had my druthers there would be a decent turbo behind the scenes and the 6-speed they offer in Europe.

Small to start really. K&N Apollo CAI. Front Tower Bar. Looking at rear ladder brace and front chasis brace. I'm looking for better rotors and calipers, but I don't want to go bigger or heavier than what will fit in the stock wheels. I'm a little away from replacing them. I'm not trying to lower the car really, and am holding off on any springs, but I am looking for a better rear shock. I want the suspension a little stiffer to prevent rear sway. Hopefully this summer I'd like to replace the exhaust manifold back and put on a better air intake manifold as well.

Just wondering what other people are doing as well. I know there is KAI, Shark, kspec and whatnot, just curious where other people have been shopping, maybe find some other deals.