Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Elantra GLS Fuse Issue

Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Elantra GLS Fuse Issue

Opened my sun roof last night and the it wouldn't close. Checked the fuse for it and it was blown. So i rummaged around my garage and found a new 15a fuse and stuck it in. Sunroof was working again.

Got up this morning and the sun roof and power locks are not working. Are these two things on the same fuse and what could be causing these blown fuses in such a short amount of time?

In an effort to hunt down what is causing the blown fuses i bought a box of 15A fuses and put a new one in. Tested my sun roof and power windows, both worked (obv). When i got back to my apartment i unlocked all the doors (when i opened my door it unlocked them all), closed the door and hit the lock button on my key fob. Nothing happened. Opened the door back up and hit the lock and the power locks did nothing.

So it happened sometime between unlocking the power locks and using the key fob to lock them back.

I'm going to put my key fob in my dresser, put in a new fuse and see how long it lasts.

Does anyone know what else is on that fuse?
Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2012 Veloster DCT w/ Tech

Not in a 2000, but when the sunroof crapped out on my 04 and blew the fuse, it was because there was a short in the sunroof switch. Dealer replaced the switch and everything went back to normal.