Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

Clogged up cat

Old 03-31-2011, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 05 Elantra
Default Clogged up cat

I noticed my car has been losing some power over the last week so I took it to a mechanic today to look at. It came back that my cat is all clogged up and I need a new one. Before I jump and get an OEM one, I wanted to check here first and see if anyone had any good links for aftermarket cats. I think I read that some people are using a Car Sound cat. Are there any others to look into? Can you guys give links to good places that have them? I'm gonna check out ebay later tonight when I get home and see if there are any good deals on there.

Thanks everyone.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Unless the exhaust shop wants to cut off your cat and weld to cast iron you'll need a header also to replace the cat because it's part of your exhaust manifold.

I've been happy with my Car Sound cats.