Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

2012 Elantra Stereo Limited

Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5l Limited
Default 2012 Elantra Stereo Limited

So I brought a new 2012 Elantra with all the bells and whistles a couple weeks ago. Since day 1 I haven't like the stereo system at all. It is soo lacking. My 2008 Elantra had a stock 172 watt system and it sounded better then the one I have in my 2012. The 2012 with all the add ons is suppose to come with 360 watts plus an external amplifier. Moving the bass bar does nothing! The middle and treble work a little but the car has no bass at all. I called the dealership and asked them if they knew the location of the amplifier because maybe it didn't get hooked up. Surprise, surprise they haven't gotten back to me yet. However after reading a thread on hyundaiforum, this seems to be a known problem.

Below is the link to what they are saying on hyundaiforum:

http://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/hy...-system-11413/

I know nothing about car stereos or wiring and all that jazz. I know we have some audio savvy people here so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

I suggest you find a local car audio shop where the install bay is so clean you could eat off any horizontal surface. Make it one where the clerks and management treat you like a human, not a Mark. Contact their references and make sure the BBB likes them, then hand them a couple thousand dollars and say "make my car sound better, especially in the bass department."