Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

2001 Elantra

Old 10-18-2001, 01:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you are over reacting a bit. there are several parts that are available. There is a throttle body available from Elantratech in Fxtreme, the intake from a tib manual will fit the manual 2001, thats what is confirmed for now.
Old 10-18-2001, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

I think KORE has an intake for the 2001 Elantra.

Onpol can modify your stock TB and Intake manifold.

Not sure on headders fitting, but why not ask sam if you can return them if they don't fit. He might give you a discount for being a "tester" for the 2001 elantra.

Lastly...welcome to the world of Hyundai aftermarket performance. Back in 1997 when the tiburons first came out...there was NOTHING for them. Hell, In 1999 when I bought mine, the only thing that was available was MHP's CAI, and later shortshifter, and HVE's products.

Thank goodness shark racing came along shortly after I got my car. According to Sam, I was one of his first 10 Customers...*laugh..the good old days*

Give KORE, Speedstate, and Shark racing more time to find/make aftermarket parts for new models. Rome wan't built in a day...and neither are aftermarket parts...
Old 10-18-2001, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whoa! This whole exhaust thinggy has me concerned. I am looking foreward to a 2K2 Elantra GT and using Alpines turbo kit. Do you think it will fit? Also, isn't someone using Alpines SC on a 2K1 Elantra and it fit ok right?