Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

2000 Elantra CAI question...

Old 01-31-2003, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Elantra CAI question...

Hey all!

Right now, we're working on engine mods for my car. I'm definately ordering the Sharkracing crank pulley, the 1.8 cam, a throttle body (not sure which one yet), matching my intake manifold to that, and 4-2-1 headers (I have an automatic).

As of this moment, all I really have is the AOS CAI. It sounds great, and definately serves it's purpose, but I was looking for something that is a bit longer, and better looking. Maybe an intake that connects directly from the throttle body and extends all the way down? I'm pretty sure the SR CAI's do this, but I haven't seen a picture of what it looks like on a 2000 Elantra.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

------------------
Joe Bongiovanni
Elite Division Marketing
www.elitedivisionmarketing.com

[ January 31, 2003, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: mourningstar ]
Old 02-01-2003, 08:02 AM

Well, the 2000 Elantra is MAF based, so the throttle body-CAI direct connection is out the window. I just recieved my AEM intake yesterday and will install is tomorrow. I have the AOS on there currently, but I like the idea of actual cold air going into my engine. I suggest you just buy an AEM, since it is longer and goes out of the auctual engine bay.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:17 AM

Will the AEM intake fit on mine since I have an automatic?

Also, do you know of any possibilities or problems I would run into if I custom made one?
Old 02-01-2003, 11:20 AM

Well, I hope it fits, since mine is an auto as well
I think it will, since I remember someone posting that it fit on their auto tib. If it doesn't work on the auto Elantra(engine bay layout), then I will just put it on my girlfriends Tib.
As for a custom intake, the only problem I can really think of is hydrolocking, but you can fix that with an AEM Bypass Valve.
Old 02-01-2003, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Any intake that fits the gen1 or gen2 tibby, will fit the 2000 elantra.

You can go with
Kore
SR
AEM
Injen
AOS
etc...

If you want a "true" CAI, go with Kore, AEM, or SR.
Old 02-02-2003, 06:31 AM

problem.....i just got the aem intake as well as the sr throttle body for my 2000 elantra....will i have a problem using both?
Old 02-02-2003, 12:31 PM

there shouldn't be a problem. on a separate note, i have the aos intake, and the filter actually pokes out from under the car. to me, this draws in air from sources other than the engine bay. i dunno, but it seems like a true cai to me.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>turbulence:
i have the aos intake, and the filter actually pokes out from under the car. to me, this draws in air from sources other than the engine bay. i dunno, but it seems like a true cai to me.</div>Then you don't have it installed properly. It should rest on the plastic shield behind the radiator.