Hyundai Elantra Forum The Hyundai Elantra Forum. Later models (96-up) of this 4-door share their Beta engines and chassis with the Hyundai Tiburon. Earlier Mistubishi-based Hyundai Elantras (92-95) are perfect candidates for the popular 4g63t motor swap, which turns the Hyundai Elantra into a real sleeper. These characteristics make the Hyundai Elantra a great car for those who want sports car performance with family car flexibility.

'00 Elantra love...

Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Mog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 200/Hyundai/Elantra GLS
Default '00 Elantra love...

as an owner of a '00 Elantra GLS, i have been coming the Internet for weeks looking for a starting point in my efferts to take my ride from Mild to, well, something more than Mild. since I'm on a budget, Wild is out of the question, if i could afford Wild, I'd go ahead and start with a younger more aftermarket friendly canvas...

My goal for this build is to have a fun daily driver that doesn't break the bank

i know that i have many options for suspension and wheels/tires. both are simple, if not super cheap so i'm not to worried about my options there

as I've combed the internet for the past few months I've found:

exactly one body-kit readily available for purchase (sold my 4 different mfg. but all are the same Evo 2 design and all apparently the very same kit)

2 different cold air intakes, both by Weapon R for 97-00 Tib/Elantra

0 cat back exhausts (not a big concern as i plan to have a custom exhaust done by my local exhaust shop, cheap ass labor and excellent work)

and about a half dozen different chips from various manufactures, does anyone have any suggestion about what company to go with? Some of the performance claims are pretty outrageous for the price (most around $100) so I'm pretty skeptical as to integrity of the product/company.

So in summery I wanna know if anyone has any advice/sugestions for me or recomendations as to where i should be looking regarding parts? i'd apreciate any help i can get
Old 04-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

First off....STAY AWAY FROM CHIPS!!!! Their BS, and they do nothing for your car.

Since you're running the Beta engine...there's a TON of things you can do. Anything from internal work, and boost or nitrous....to the basic bolt ons like Intake, Header, Exhaust, Throttle Body, Cams, Pulley's, Intake Manifold, and so on.

Boosting or Nitrous would be your best bet, but if you dont want to go that route (which is understandable), then anything you can imagine you would want for the engine to keep it in N/A form...you can do. It just depends on how crazy you want to get, and what your immediate and long term goals are for the car. smile.gif
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

1.gif

You can pretty much think of the performance mod you want to do and we can point you towards some options.

Unfortunately appearance mods are fairly limited for your car vs. many other cars.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Mog

i freakin love it, an hour after i post i actually find a CAI for the 00 Elantra:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/secret-weapon-per.../p2009986.jcwx#

aparently i just need to close my trap and Read www.hyundaiaftermarket.org from front to back cus i jsut discovered that "Any intake that fits the gen1 or gen2 tibby, will fit the 2000 elantra. "
--https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1938

Mine is Auto so hopefully that will not be an issue. but since AEM is jsut about the most trusted name for CAI's i think i will go that route

as to what I'm looking for, i want to stay N/A (cus I'm poor) and i probably am going to stay with bolt on upgrades cus this is my only vehicle atm and i really can't risk taking it out of commission for more than a day or two at a time.

so I'm planning on the following:

AEM CAI
custom cat back exhaust
4-2-1 header from
Old 04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Get the intake, a header (cheap on ebay) and custom exhaust and you should be pretty much ready to go. smile.gif
Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Elantra GLS Sportswagon

Not much around but plenty to do
http://www.hyperaustralia.com/forums/viewt...f=14&t=3610

http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/sho...;cate=010300000
Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

i got fed up with the lack of sh*t for my j2

so i made/had made my own stuff lol

Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Mog

[quote name='faithofadragon' date='Apr 6 2010, 12:17 PM' post='161312']
i got fed up with the lack of sh*t for my j2

so i made/had made my own stuff lol

nice, although a few friends have stocked garages with tons of tools, i don't even have a paved drive way, i do my oil changes on gravel w/ a cardboard box BangHead.gif
Old 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Mog

Thumbs up

OK, so from what i'v read so far i could go with either the AEM CAI for the '00 Tib and just tweak it to make it work, or the KORE CAI that is specifically for the '00 Elantra. can anyone direct me to a dealer, online or otherwise who sells or can get the KORE CIA for me?

I am really getting frustrated w/ the lack of appearance mods for the car. much respect to XGODZX for going all the way and fabricating his own fiberglass, props bro. but that is more intense than I'm looking for. Mable I'll just lower it w/ some springs and get a nice set of wheels. Meh, no mater what that is down the line....

P.S. does anyone know wtf this is --> domodance.gif
Old 04-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Administrator

You are not going to find a KORE intake.

As for your second question: Domo