Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

wax question

Old 06-30-2011, 04:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent
Default wax question

I have an 04 accent and recently polished and waxed my car. However water does not repel. It blobs it into many individual drops but they don't slid off the car. Defying gravity they don't slid off the doors either. I use nufinish polish and 3m wax. Buffed to a nice shine. What did I do wrong?or is the waxs crap? Thanks
Old 06-30-2011, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Sounds like bad wax. Did you buy it new or was it sitting around for awhile? When you run your finger over the paint, does it glide smoothly and does it have an oily feel or rough edgy feel? Also, did you wax by hand or use a buffer/polisher?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent

I feels smooth to the touch. All dirt I can pretty much just brush off by hand. The wax has been sitting around for a year but the polish was brand new. I hand waxed and polished. I don't understand as the wax causes the water to bead but doesn't slid off.