Hyundai Accent Forum The Hyundai Accent Forum. Hyundai's little champ. While the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Excel may be small, they respond very well to aftermarket modifications and is among the favorites for Hyundai tuners.

Was there ever a turbo kit made for the Accent?

Old 10-26-2012, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent
Default Was there ever a turbo kit made for the Accent?

I know Alpine made turbo and supercharger kits for Tiburons and Elantras, and NGM made them for the GKs, but was there ever a turbo kit made for Accents? A complete kit I mean not one that you piece together yourself.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

other than ebay universal kits, or one offs made by members or tuners, no.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

sr sold a kit for a little while

and iirc so did hdk

turboing the accent is a waste of money
Old 10-27-2012, 09:13 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Accent GSI

Yeah I just checked, seoulfulracing doesn't sell the kit anymore. Actually they dont sell anything for the accent anymore. This car has really terrible aftermarket support
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
turboing the accent is a waste of money

He said just before he got beat by one on the track...

lol sorry, but I found that to be funny.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

It would be best to do a beta swap and then turbo the beta engine.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

lol most turbo alpha's have the same hp as beta with a cold air intake

well worth the THOUSANDS spent turboing it
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Impulse RS

I own an Accent, so trust me when I say..... Buy another car if you want/need to go fast. That's what I did. I did up my suspension in my Accent and it made my car fun to drive, but for less than what my Accent is worth I bought a 225 - 250 hp + AWD car to fix up / spend money on. :biggrin:
Old 11-01-2012, 11:26 PM

Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I'm not sure if I buy into this whole philosophy though. I mean, modifying a car is a fundamentally bad economic decision. Just... be reasonable with your money, but there's no need to junk a perfectly good car because your intended mods make up most of its worth.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Hyundai Accent 1.6T

Originally Posted by wheel_of_steel
I'm not sure if I buy into this whole philosophy though. I mean, modifying a car is a fundamentally bad economic decision. Just... be reasonable with your money, but there's no need to junk a perfectly good car because your intended mods make up most of its worth.

I agree with you on that Wheel. Although it's more of a hobby and like all hobbies do what you like and what makes you happy. Oh never junk a good car. Even after i bought my other car and started doing things to it I still drove my Accent. I still do. Not as much but its there. Been teaching my younger brother to drive stick with it.

I say do what you want with your car, it's your choice. Now i didnt go out and buy a full turbo kit. Plus the work needed to fit a turbo after spending a few hundred dollars on a Beta swap when i could just piece together a DIY turbo on the Alpha for the same price or less I felt was much more worth it. and sorry, again, but a turboed 1.6 at even 5 psi makes more power to the wheels than a Beta with I/H/E or very very close to it. Although a turboed Beta makes bigger gains. I went from 100 whp with I/H/E on my Alpha to 5 psi and beta injectors and gained 40 whp. Thats more than any mod would yield an N/A car and all for less than $600. Shoot you want to talk about swapping bigger engines why not drop a Delta? Or shoot throw down some real money and drop a Gen Coupe 2.0 or Sonata Turbo into the little thing?

Either way I'm glad I did it and I will never tell anyone wanting to modify their car in anyway that it's a waste of time, it's stupid, or worse that they are stupid for wanting to. What I did was fun, I learned a lot of things from a lot of very helpful guys (some from this forum) I most likely never would have learned and although I never really reached my goals with the car Im still happy i did it and how it turned out and I did despite the insults on and off the forum.

So anyone who thinks it's ok to insult someone for wanting to do things to their car or perform a particular mod that they don't agree with can

Quick Reply: Was there ever a turbo kit made for the Accent?